A manicure is an easy way to style and upgrade your overall appearance. It will definitely make you look more refined and classy like a true Londoner. When you want to colour your nails, you need to know what to do to avoid messing up your hard work.
Here are the dos and don’ts when you apply nail polish:
- Do prep your nails beforehand. Prepping your nails is the first and foremost task you have to do before applying nail polish. You have to clip your nails, shape them, file them, buff them and get them ready for nail polish.
- Do use high-quality polish. High-quality nail polish will give protection and nourishment to your nails. It will also last longer than a cheaper one. Also, high-quality ones are usually non-toxic which make them a healthier option. You can also expect that the colours will be richer and brighter, not to mention, you’ll have a wide range of colours to choose from. Check out the CND Shellac Range to browse through your colour options.
- Do let it dry. Don’t immediately get up after getting your nails done. Even if you deem that whatever you are about to do will be safe for your nails, don’t risk it. Letting it dry first will lessen the chance that you’ll ruin your work with an accidental slip. If you ruin it, you will have to do it all over again. This will take longer than it would have normally taken you in the first place. You will also have wasted your energy, time and effort. So, be patient and let it completely dry.
- Do use a base coat. A base coat will protect your nail beds and prevent your nails from yellowing. It will also provide a smooth base for your nail polish.
- Do use a top coat. A top coat will make your manicure last longer. But, you still have to be careful because any rigorous activity will surely chip your nails and ruin your nail polish.
- Don’t wash your hands after cleaning your nails. Washing your hands will introduce moisture to your nails. This will make your nail polish chip or bubble after it is applied.
- Don’t lotion your hands before putting the nail polish. It is normally a part of any hand care routine to lotion your hands. But, if you are going to apply nail polish, better skip it because lotion, like water, will create moisture which will make your nail polish chip or bubble after it is applied.
- Don’t bite your nails. Biting your nails will chip the polish and ruin the shape of your nails. Furthermore, biting your nails is a bad habit and can forever affect the health of your nails.
These are the dos and don’ts that will guarantee that you will always have beautiful nails. After applying your nail polish, store it in a dry and cool place away from any direct contact with sunlight. Don’t put it in the bathroom because the constant change in temperature, as well as humidity, will break down the formula.