According to Wikipedia, Black mold is a variety of microfungus that produces its conidia in slime heads. It is sometimes found in soil and grain, but the mold is most often detected in cellulose-rich building materials from damp or water-damaged buildings. Black molds live on moist surfaces and can grow anywhere; on carpets, food, clothes, compressed and leaky pipes, ceiling tiles, flooded homes, drywall, etc. Those having respiratory problems or with vulnerable health conditions are prone to high health risks when they come in contact with molds. Therefore, it is crucial that all molds found within the house should be removed immediately. Our Company NW Maids Cleaning Service said , Let the sun in. Mold grows in dark areas, keeping the home free in the mold.
Although mold spores spread easily and can’t be completely exterminated, it can be prevented before it turns into a health problem. Are you tired of black mold? In this article, we will discuss seven tips on black molds can be prevented in your home.
- Inspect your home regularly. Check out the ceiling for leakages. Also, check out the windows as well and ensure ventilation on the staircases. Inspect the house; does it need waterproofing? Whatever the case, your observations/inspections must be addressed on time so it won’t invite molds into your home.
- Ensure to keep your home clean and dry. Wet items are a breeding ground for molds hence should not be lying around the house. Dry up wet materials quickly in an area with good air circulation. Clean and sterilize using cleaning agents and also dry surfaces prone to mold growth.
- There should be proper ventilation available in a high diaphoretic area. Each room in your house must be properly aired out and items should be cleaned and dried well before storage.
- Fix in the air conditioners or dehumidifiers in appropriate places. If need be take some help from air conditioner installers available at A Quality HVAC Services LLC (you can check it out here) and similar companies.
Once the cooling devices are installed properly, they must be checked on intermittently and cleaned well to make sure they don’t produce clams themselves. However, the task of cleaning and maintaining could be tiring for some homeowners, in which case it would be prudent to call for expert help from firms like Buric Heating and Air (you can check it out here) who can do the job as soon as possible. Additionally, windows should be opened in the kitchen, bathroom, staircases, rooms, etc. to provide proper ventilation.
- Critically examine your home regularly and provide remedies to damages that may lead to mold growth. Fix leaks on the roof and walls. Take out wet carpets to dry. Check for any signs of worn-out water pipes and if possible, get them repaired by using the technique of pipe relining (which can get pipes flowing like new again).
- With poor airflow, moisture becomes excessive. Airflow and circulation should be improved upon. Furniture can be moved away from walls to provide better replacement of noxious air with fresh to limited spots. Leaving doors open to closer cabinets can let in fresh air to reduce moistures and keep molds off.
- Mixing water with white vinegar or baking soda to form a paste are natural substitutes that kill black molds.
THINGS TO KNOW
You have probably heard about the dangers of black mold. Not only is a mold problem difficult and expensive to fix, but mold can also produce irritants that may compromise your health. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), black mold spore can beget cold symptoms, like:
- Nasal stiffness
- Skin irritation
- Eye irritation
- Throat irritation
- Shortness of breath (when longer exposure takes place).
As regards black molds and your health, it is important to prevent them from your home. If you don’t have enough time to audit your house, you can employ professional cleaning services or a mold testing specialist, like A-1 Certified Environmental Services LLC, to inspect your house from black mold. Trust them to get rid of molds and clutters wherever it is hiding in your surroundings.